A construction worker must have completed general construction induction training (commonly known as the “White Card”) before being permitted to commence work on a construction site. This is a mandatory requirement across Australia.
If you have never worked in the construction industry before or you have lost your White Card; then this is the course for you. This course will help introduce you to or serve as a reminder of the current health and safety legislative requirements, personal awareness, and the basic principles of risk management for working in the construction industry in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others.
It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Proof of age must be 14 years or over (parent guardian consent required if under 18).
- Valid working email address.
- 3 current and valid forms identification (include at least one that contains your name and date of birth). Student will be provided with an Evidence of Identification Checklist (EOI) to complete on enrolment.
- Physical capacity to demonstrate the correct donning and removing of PPE for assessment.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Performance tasks - The assessor must observe the following performance tasks.
The student must orally explain:
- PPE and signage
- Construction signage
- Safe work practices
- Fire safety equipment and fire emergency response
- Designated health and safety personnel
- Workplace documents
- Incident and emergency response – personal injury
- Identify, report and control construction hazards
Physically and correctly fit and adjust PPE:
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses
- High visibility reflective vest
- Ear protection (muffs or plugs)
Theory assessment - A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.