This course will provide students with the skills and knowledge required to undertake many facets of applying occupational health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace. Students will also gain the necessary knowledge and skills to carry out inspection testing on handheld appliances connected to plug in cords, and will be able to utilise test results to establish the safety status, applying appropriate tagging, documenting testing activities and handling unplanned events in a safe manner. As a safety requirement, testing and tagging equipment should be conducted on a regular basis.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
Participants must demonstrate a moderate level of language, literacy and numeracy skills to undertake this course.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Preparations for electrical and non-electrical isolation
- Select, check and set up a ladder
- Respond to an emergency during work
- Treat an unconscious casualty and then treat for shock
- Conduct tests on equipment
- Complete documentation and tags
- Perform single person CPR
- Remove casualty from electric shock situation and provide 2 person CPR
Documentation – Completion of a Test Tag Logbook form, out of service tags and Test Tags.
Theory assessment - A written exam consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions to be completed at the end of the training session.