In every workplace, workers are exposed to day to day activities which involve Infection control, some more than others. You will get an understanding of how to implement standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks safely. Individuals will gain the knowledge and skills required to respond to the infection risks posed by the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Individuals successfully completing HLTSS00067 Infection control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics) will follow established organisation infection prevention and control procedures, specific to the Transport and Logistics Industry, which will include:
- Hand hygiene and care of hand
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Handling of waste
- Enforcing clean and contaminated zones
- Limitation of contamination
- Surface cleaning
The following units will be included in your certificate:
Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. Some practical assessment asks are required to be completed in the workplace.
Assessments conducted during training session(s) include:
Third Party Report:
- Health and Safety Risk Assessment Report
- Choose and don PPE
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
- Health and Safety Incident Report
Theory assessment - A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.