The course applies to individuals who are involved in arboriculture, forestry, agriculture, conservation and land management, local government, emergency services and other government agency operations, responsible for felling basic trees using a chainsaw.
It will provide individuals with the skills and knowledge required that may be required to assess and manually fall small trees with a low level of complexity and to complete operator maintenance.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- The physical capacity to use a chainsaw whilst wearing the appropriate PPE to fell basic trees
- Basic skills to interpret workplace documentation, use technical and workplace-specific vocabulary to accurately and legibly complete workplace records and forms, select and use appropriate spoken communication strategies with work colleagues and other personnel on-site when felling trees, and interpret hand signals with other operators to ensure safe tree felling and to complete routine calculations and report on size, length and diameter of felled trees
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
- Fell four (4) basic trees
- Complete chainsaw maintenance
- Complete relevant workplace records and forms
- A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions