This course applies to individuals who are involved in the felling of trees manually using a chainsaw, at an advanced level. It will provide individuals with the skills and knowledge required to assess, plan and safely carry out manual tree-felling operations for trees with a level of complexity that requires significant tree assessment and advanced practical felling skills.
Upon completion of this unit, individuals should be able to effectively fell trees of any size, species and condition, including those with significant defects and characteristics that cause excessive felling complexity, that are deemed safe to fell.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- The physical capacity to use a chainsaw whilst wearing the appropriate PPE to fell basic trees
- Basic skills to interpret workplace documentation, use technical and workplace-specific vocabulary to accurately and legibly complete workplace records and forms, select and use appropriate spoken communication strategies with work colleagues and other personnel on-site when felling trees, and interpret hand signals with other operators to ensure safe tree felling and to complete routine calculations and report on size, length and diameter of felled trees
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
- Fell six (6) advanced trees
- Conduct chainsaw maintenance
- Complete relevant workplace records and forms
- A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions.