This course is designed for personnel required to conduct local risk controls for work safely at heights situations. Typically, this course set is designed for individuals in supervisory roles for teams working at heights.
The course will expose students to a broad range of height risk situations and to implement safe working procedures according to the regulations and legislative requirements governing working safely at heights. Students will learn to identify hazards and assess risks and identify unacceptable risk, as well as implement risk treatments.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Psychological and physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstrations for this course, such as the requirements to work safely at heights wearing appropriate PPE and using appropriate fall protection equipment. Participants will need sufficient physical ability to lift equipment infrequently from ground to overhead and access heights above 2m.
- Protective slip resistant footwear/safety shoes and comfortable/practical clothing must be provided by the student and worn during the practical sessions and assessment.
- Basic computer skills to complete workplace forms and reports.
Individuals undertaking this course set will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
- Work at height on a brittle surface
- Work at height on a flat surface into a confined space
- Completion of two site-based Risk Assessment (JSEA/SWMS) forms
- A written assessment consisting of short-answer and multiple-choice questions